Monday, February 15, 2010

Elysha Valerio: Featured Poet

Photobucket

Today’s Featured Poet is Elysha Valerio. We met up in the Meat Packing District in Manhattan where I photographed Elysha and then interviewed her.

Here is her poem Subway Antics followed with some Q & A on what inspires Elysha and how she feels about censorship.

Photobucket

Please forgive my choppy editing…I used the iMovie application for the very first time so it’s definitely amateur but Elysha has some great things to say so I hope that you will take a moment to check it out! Also, because we conducted the interview in a local café the sound quality wasn’t that great so I inserted some of the questions as text. I tried to use the voice over feature in iMovie but I ended up sounding a little like Orson from Mork & Mindy. I decided to leave it out. ;)

Part l


Part ll


Part lll




Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment